There’s no denying that the sun affects us in most ways. Quite frankly, nothing is more important to us on Earth than the energy that comes from the Sun. It’s the ultimate source of energy; a vital role in our daily life. However, sunlight comes with positive and negative effects on the human body. It’s wise to know these facts and you’re about to find out why.
Here at Dfyage, we care deeply for you. Hence, for your self-care, we have listed 6 facts about the sun’s effects on your body. Let’s start with some positive effects:
1. If you’re affected by the gloomy weather, put an end to that. Sunlight treats seasonal affective depression.
2. Stressed? Go out for a walk under the sun while getting some fresh air. It enhances your mood. It increases your brain’s release of hormones called serotonin– the happiness hormones.
3. A 15-minute sun exposure daily provides enough Vitamin D. 6-7am & 4:30-5pm are the ideal times. Make sure you stay hydrated.
Some harmful effects of the sun on humans:
1. Extremely hot outside? Heat exhaustion can lead to heatstroke. Stay away from the sun at 12noon.
2. Sun exposure is a significant factor in radical aging– wrinkles and all that. Yikes!
3. Long term or excessive exposure to the sun can result in skin cancer. Ever wonder how the world-famous reggae singer Bob Marley died? Yup. Skin cancer.
Quite alarming? You don’t have to suffer from the harms of the sun. All you gotta do is expand your knowledge in self-care. We’re here to guide you as go along with taking good care of your overall health.
We will be with you again on your next read! To stay mentally fit, we highly encourage you to do so.
Go ahead and binge-read some more, visit Beauty for more tips.